Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Liberace would be proud!


Here is a frame I recently completed for a customer. The centerpiece is a business card that was signed and dedicated by Liberace himself. 

"Lee," as his friends called him, was always a bit over the top with his attire and everything else that surrounded him. Accordingly, I was glad when I was given permission to do as I pleased with this job. The situation begged for a grandiose treatment: so that's what I did. 

The card was mounted on a medium blue suede. This is surrounded by custom fabric wrapped ivory mat with encrusted sequins and faux pearls, the window of which is lined with white feathers to give it the fabulous "fur" effect. Finally I chose a traditional ornate frame which I refinished in silver and bedazzled with rhinestones. 

My customer was blown away by the finished design, guaranteed to be a conversation starter. It is always nice to have free reign creatively on a unique project. If you have a special item in your collection you would like to show off in a distinctive frame or shadow box, bring it by the shop and we'll discuss some options. 

No comments:

Post a Comment